You asked for it - you got it!! This is my adaptation of the low-carb pumpkin cheesecake... now in reality, you could substitute anything for the pumpkin... think fresh strawberries... raspberries... I have also heard of people using sugar-free Chocolate Pudding mix... I can post a recipe for that another time.
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon each of ginger and cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 4 Tablespoons sugar substitute (the key here for me is the Spenda/Brown Sugar Blend)
Mix all the crust ingredients in a separate bowl... I like to use a fork... then spread it out in the bottom of your pan. With clean hands, use your fingers... its the simplest way to keep it from moving all over... This time I used a 9x13 pan and made them into bars. It turned out great and I will probably do this from now on...
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups sugar substitute, or to taste - (the key here for me is the Spenda/Brown Sugar Blend and I used 5 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 can (about 15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
Midnight baking session!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees...
Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth...
Add pumpkin (or other filler), cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar substitute, vanilla to the mixture... beat until smooth...
Add the eggs in one at a time...
When smooth - pour the filling into the crust & smooth it out.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I like to let it stand and cool off for about 30 minutes... and the I cover it and put it in the fridge for 4 or more hours before eating. Last night I decided midnight was a good time to make it - so it sat overnight in the fridge and was perfectly chilled this morning.... for breakfast... Im not ashamed!!! It was perfect :)